10th annual Scene.org Awards - call for jury members
The jury for the 10th annual Scene.org awards - awarding demoscene productions released in 2011 - is currently being put together. For that purpose, we would like to publicly call for suggestions for new jury members.
The job of the jury is to selects the nominees and winners for the awards in each of the award categories except for Public Choice (which is open to public voting). The purpose of the awards is two-fold:
- To honor the greatest demoscene achievements of the year.
- To provide viewing tips for people wanting to see the best of what the demoscene has to offer.
More concretely, the tasks of the jury are to:
- Decide on the award categories
- Gather candidates for nominations among all releases of the year
- Watch all candidates and vote for nominees and winners
- Discuss and evaluate awards issues related to the jury work
We typically have about 100-150 candidates. The total workload for a jury member is in the order of 20-40 hours, mostly concentrated around February.
The most important qualifications of a jury member are passion about the demoscene and willingness to spend the necessary time deciding the awards. Past and/or present demoscene activity is a plus.
This is your chance to influence the jury selections for the next round of Scene.org Awards!
Fill the application
Applying for the Scene.org jury is simple - just fill the form below. You can suggest yourself or someone else. Explain why you think that person would make a good jury member. If possible, include information about demoscene activity and platform background.
Deadline for the applications is 31st of December, 2011.
UPDATE: Application period is now over, thanks everyone who applied!